Pages

Thursday 4 August 2016

Cook Island Language Week




Today after morning tea people from the Auckland museum came to talk about the Cook Island history of the Waka or in Cook Island they call it a Vaka. I found making the holes into the wood was hard then it was very easy to keep it up. The reasons why there had to be holes through the wood is because the string from the coconut was used to tie together wood for the Vaka. I made a very good start but when I got the hang of it. It was very exciting when it was only me and one other person left for drilling. It challenging because I've used an electric drill before but this drill was unique.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Kia orana Ben,
You have explained well about the drill. I also thought that the drill was unique. Would you use this kind of drill for building?.

Post a Comment